Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Shrek: the Musical

  Last night I saw Shrek: The Musical on Broadway. I feel very cultured (and privileged) to have seen two shows in one week! 
  It was very entertaining, though I wouldn't consider it to be good theater. But it was funny, with good choreography, and a cast full of talented actors!!
  That was partially the reason I saw it: I recognized two of the actors from previous plays. Daniel Breaker (who played Donkey) also played The Youth in Passing Strange, my favorite play. And Sutton Foster (who played Princess Fiona) also played Jo in Little Women (which was only on Broadway for a short time...something like 6 weeks).
  After the show I did something new. I waited outside the stage door with my two friends. And I met Daniel Breaker! He was very funny (even in real life), and personable. We discussed the movie version of Passing Strange, which is apparently getting great reviews at the Sundance festival. Hopefully it will be picked up by a producer soon; I know I would pay to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment