Friday, January 2, 2009

Bands of a Feather

  Because I am Jewish, I celebrate Chanuka rather than Christmas. I have never been envious of Christmas-celebrators; we get presents on Chanuka, we have awesome traditional food (potato latkes (translate: fried pancakes), sufganiot (translate: jelly donuts) and chocolate coins) and it lasts EIGHT times as long!!!
  However, one thing that always seemed unfair to miss out on was Secret Santa. So this year, I came up with an idea, which I then presented to two of my best friends. We would have Secret Dreidel/Maccabbee/Chanuka Armadillo (from Friends) - we couldn't decide on a name. We were a few days late though - we just exchanged the gifts at our new year's party. One of my friends got the other, and me, lip gloss (we are both unnaturally obsessed). I bought bras for each of them (push-up for one, a loud seasonal print for the other). And my other friend bought us feathered headbands from a local hosiery store. I am absolutely obsessed!
Some other feathered headbands I would buy if I had the money and if I could own 6 of these w/o being considered a loser:
 bowtiquefrieda.com ($40)Forever21.com ($4.80)


Forever21.com ($7.80)
Urbanoutfitters.com ($24.00)

1 comment:

  1. That feathered headband is beautiful, I've been wanting to do a DIY one forever. I love latkes! My mom makes them on the first night of Hannukah even though we celebrate Christmas.

    ReplyDelete