Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!

  So i'm Jewish. But i don't think that should mean i have to miss out on all the fun of Halloween and other such non-Jewish holidays!
  Firstly, here come some pictures from Lula magazine, last year's i believe, that go right along with the theme of this post



  Though on Halloweens of the past, i stayed home and watched a scary movie or two and waited for trick-or-treaters to ring my doorbell, this year a few friends and i decided to shake it up. We took the packed train into NYC for the annual Village Halloween Parade. AMAZING!! I have never seen such incredible costumes before! And it served as serious inspiration for Purim (a Jewish holiday in February-March for which we dress up).

The Empire State Building even dressed up!

When else can you see a vampire princess and a banana walking the streets of New York at the same time?


Peter Pan nimbly climbed up on the scaffolding (between my friends and I and a ninja) to watch the parade proceed down 6th Ave.

  One last thing I wanted to mention is that I'm very sorry for not posting more! School has become ridiculously intense, and I'm afraid I'm going to have to save blogging for the weekends lest it become too much of a distraction!

1 comment: